Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Preparing for surgery

After my first appt with Dr.Marsita Mansor, my husband and I dropped by his aunt's place and then head to a restaurant nearby. In my mind, I have already listed things I need to do in order to go for this surgery.

- Inform my parents
- Inform his parents
- Inform my team lead
- Inform my team manager
- Register myself at the hospital
- Reach out to HR regarding leaves and insurance
- Reach out to my personal insurance agent
- Find out if anyone has ever gone through similar surgery with the same gynae and what to know.
- Reach out to friends who have been through similar surgery. I have a few.
- Tidy up my bedroom at my in-laws' a lil
- Start packing and buying everything I might need for surgery and post-surgery.
- Pick some books and stitching projects to bring along.
- Inform close friends at work about my planned sick leaves.
- Pack bag for hospital stay.
- Prepare room at my mother's place.

Otw home, I texted my dad to inform about my situation and the surgery I have to undergo. I told him not to tell my mom yet coz I don't want her to have any panic attacks. Lil did I know it was my dad feeling restless after getting the news. I plan to stay at my mom's place during my recovery period. Since they will be going for Haj early Octorber, I have to plan my recovery well. It will take 6 weeks. phew!

When we reached home, we broke the news to Mr.Husband's parents. They looked calm. My FIL called his surgeon elder brother to help book an appt with another gynae at the nearby hospital for second opinion. At that point, I was very confident with my gynae already but to make everybody happy, I just agreed.

I went to see another gynae for a second opinion. A lil confused after but based on my comfort level, I picked Dr.Marsita Mansor. Had a lil discussion with Mr.Husband after and he feels the same too so it is all great. 

With no knowledge about insurance, I struggled a lil. I have only been under my personal insurance for 9months and when we mentioned I have cysts, they question further coz apparently cysts doesn't just come. Our insurance agent said he will try his best to get us covered I sense problem already. 

I asked my HR friend if the company insurance will cover. She said no. I tried my luck anyway. I kept calling the hospital to get updates as well. When HR got back to me with the GL, I was sooo relieved but she mentioned it is only for RM2500. Heck! Where do I get more? Nobody seems to properly explain how this thing works until I talked to an officer at the hospital during my check-in. It is simple. REALLY. Initial value is just to allow you to get admission. Once you are done, the hospital will revise the value based on your bill and follow-up with the insurance company. Yes, the hospital will do it for you. :) Anyway, our head was only cleared about checking into the hospital. Thank goodness for the officer! As always, I thought about the worst situation; my bill not covered by anything. I have already thought about borrowing money from family. Whoever they are. I am desperate to get well. I hate my monthly problems and need to put it to an end.

When I talked to few ppl about the surgery I was about to undergo, a few went "So...you are doing this to get a baby?" These ppl makes me feel like smacking them. Are you that dumb? I am not well. Things inside me are abnormal. I almost died everytime I get my period. urgh!!!!!! Best of all, when I said cysts, someone said it is the first stage of cancer. Awareness among our kind is low. It is a shame it is low among women too. Ladies, you have to know about all these. The condition is getting very common. "=.= Men, you will need to know too coz you care about women and sex. =p

When I dropped by my mother's place the night before surgery, she wasn't happy that I am not well-rested. What can I do? No one else can help me run around and do what I needed to do. Sorry ma. I took forever to get all that I needed. I just have to be sure I have all I need. Book. Stitches. Mags. Gadgets. Clothes. Trolley for my stuff coz I won't be able to move much after surgery. Cold and cough meds incase I catch them during recovery. And many many many many more. =p My dad asked if I know I am going for a surgery not a holiday. I must be super calm...that's why he asked me that. "=.= 
This is the girl who happily packed a suitcase to check into a hospital. 

To know how I "happily" admit myself into the hospital, click here.

1 commentz:

Roblox Queen said...

Hi there - I am glad to hear that you are well. My sympathies to you for all the crazy things people said! Amazing...