Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Journey to recovery - Day 2

DAY 2
Date: 3rd Sept 2013

I just noticed I have a urine bag attached to me "=.= No wonder I didn't have to go to the toilet! (Some opening lines I've got there :p ) hahaha Mr.Husband was surprised that I didn't know. Well, I couldn't look down. Not even at my lower abdomen. To be more exact, I can't even sit up. I had a urine bag picture coz I have never seen it. I wanted to share it here but Mr.Husband disapprove so sorry peeps. No looking at my pee bag. :p

When I woke up to Mr.Sunshine in the morning, 2 staff nurses came and out of nowhere said "Mandi". Great. Now I have to let other ppl bathe me. "=.= I have never been bathed by anyone after I started kindergarten. I have no idea how a sick person is bathed and now I do. :) The nurses also replaced my bedsheet after they bathed me. It wasn't as bad as them wanting to wash my back coz I can lift my butt to allow them to replace the bedsheet; I practiced bending my legs the previous night coz I felt dead lying down on my back all the time and at some point I discovered I can lift my butt. :p

Bad news. Ran out of Mr.Morphine at 11am after I bathed.sobbbssss The machine made noise so I called for the nurse. She said it is making noise coz the med is finished. I thought she would take a new one coz she disappeared for awhile. She didn't come back. I called for the nurse again. She said doc won't give me anymore. If I still feel the pain, they will give me a shot on my butt. I said ok. I am scared of pain. They were already giving my pain killers.

At this point, my gynae has yet to visit me. I wondered why. I only know she will be at the hopsital in the morning. She finally came at 12pm or 1pm to said hello. Met my mom. She told me she didn't come any earlier coz it is pointless to explain to me while I was still groggy. I will only make her repeat the same thing again and again. She brought a nurse along. The nurse looks experienced. My gynae told the nurse she wants to disconnect me from everything. She wants me to be on my own.

She said "I want to see you on your feet tomorrow. You cannot just lie down. You need to go to the washroom on your own. I don't want you to be bedridden. When you get down, wiggle your toes before you stand. Stand up straight. Don't slouch to give way to the pain. Walk one step at a time. Left. Right. Left. Right. I know you can do it!" Sighhhh I signalled the nurse to take everything off tomorrow. I wasn't ready. *like as if the doc will let me get away with it!*

My dear mom took the opportunity to complain to the doc that I wouldn't eat anything. I barely drink anything. When ppl say something funny, I make them keep quiet and would cry if I couldn't contain my laughter. It was such a torture. Trust me. Doc wasn't happy to hear that.

After what she said, she gave me strength to want to get up! I suddenly wanna try sitting up. I asked her when she will come to see me again. I don't know why I felt that I need to see her again. Maybe she gives me the confidence. Maybe she gives me the assurances that I need to feel and be normal again. She makes me feel like I can do it! ahaha During her visit, she checked my dressing as well. It was dry. She said it is good. Phew! She mentioned that she will give me drug to put my period on hold for 3 to 6 months. She will inject me tomorrow. I asked her if she will come and see me again like a kid asking if her mother would be coming for her. lol She said "Tomorrow." =)

At 3pm, the nurse came back to disconnect me from every attachments. I told her she can take off the IV first. I will eat. She asked about the urine bag. I told her to come back in the evening after my husband has had dinner; 8pm.

Shortly after, my mom left. She told me to not stand up on my own or I might fall. I told her not to worry. She told my bro to put the sides of my bed so that I won't fall. Mother knows. hahahaha Right after she left, I gave Mr.Husband updates about the attachment and I need him to come back quickly. He was gone for the entire day! If I wasn't sick, I would have killed him! I wanted to sit up so badly but he is still not around so I gathered all my strength to tug onto the sides of my bed to sit up. I first rolled to one side and then pulled myself harder to sit up.

When my husband finally came back into the room, I was already sitting up. I told him he will need to walk me to the bathroom later. He said OK. 8pm came. The same nurse came back. I was sooo scared that it might hurt to remove the cable from my bladder to the urine bag. Thank god it did not!

This is how I looked like after I managed to sit at the edge of the bed to wiggle my toes. My dear husband took this shot and sent it to our parents as progress report. I looked miserable! urgh The reason I set the pic to medium size. :p

Here's a pic of the first bouquet I received after my surgery. It was ordered by one of my kids at work. Thank you Alex! :) I love the combination of the flowers! Pink and red roses with forget me nots. :) My mom said it is very sweet and pretty too.

This came the day after. The message read,

Dear Ruzanna,
Ma you enjoy this time off to put your feet up and recover fully.
We hope that the next few weeks are filled with lots of rest and relaxation.

From,
Your fellow STORM Troopers

Pretty bouquet. I have not received many bouquet of flowers in my life so I love those I have received. :) The bouquet below has lilies. Lilies are not cheap! And they remind me of my godmother. Should ring her one of these days. This also has grapes and Forrero Rocher. My husband loves the choc. He almost finished it. :p No honey, I'm not angry. I don't mind you eating them for me. The more you eat, the less I get. :) That is a good thing. Don't worry. ;)


I didn't get to put my feet up yet when I received this, It was too painful. ihihihihi

The following is my MC given by my doc. Yes, you read that right. 42days. Lucky? I just went through surgery. I had barely walked. My insides are crazy painful. I will be in pain and gawd knows what else. Lucky? Think again.

I am luck that I still have my loved ones to love and care for me. I am lucky to have gone through a successful surgery. I am lucky that I found out about my condition before it was too late. I am lucky the insurance company covered my expenses! 


0 commentz: