Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Journey to recovery - Day 3

DAY 3
Date: 4th Sept 2013

I would say I am feeling better. I could stand. I could go to the washroom on my own. (Under supervision though...just incase I fall or need help) Still painful but bearable. I could eat. I have regained my appetite! :)

By the time the doc came over to see me at 10am, I boasted. I said "Hi doc. I can stand already. I can go to the washroom too." And yes, I said that all with my chirpy tone accompanied by a big grin on my face. hahahahaha

She looked happy that I am happy too. I guess everyone is happy that I am looking much better. See! I know people will feel odd when I don't talk much! :p The world is simply less fun I guess. lol This is the day she will give me the injection to suspend my period. I asked if it will be painful. She said no. I asked her where will she inject me. She said "Your butt." siigghhh I gave her my butt anyway...

I felt the cold alcohol swab against my skin. Then the doc just plunged the syringe into me. I didn't feel a thing....odd. I asked if it is done. She said yes. I was in disbelief. I said "It is like as if you are lying."

My mom didn't believe I didn't feel it. She asked me again and again. I gave her the same answer. I really didn't feel anything. She said "You must have a very thick skin. The doc pressed deeply into your meat. Your meat was a lil dented and you didn't feel anything." Oh my....odd. Either my mom is right or the doc is awesome. Doesn't really matter as long as it is not painful. Doc gave me the packing. hahaha I am keeping it for memory sake. *Do ppl actually do that???*




The doc is super friendly that she even hugged and kissed my mom. She recited a few prayers with us. :) I told you she is nice! I believe my mom is having a good feeling about her too. She is just very gentle and motherly. What more can you ask for from a gynae?

Upon leaving, she told me I can be discharged whenever I am ready. I told my husband that I will be ready the next day. We informed the nurses so that they can prepare the necessaries by tomorrow morning.

That night, Mr.Husband brought back Paddle Pop rainbow popsicle. ^___^ One of my uni housemate dropped by and stayed til late. My blood pressure went crazy high that night too.... :( I was super worried. I was starting to get crazy headaches too. I forced myself to sleep believing I was just tired and it will go off when I wake up the next day. I was also scared they will hold me back. =|

Guess what? I didn't feel the syringe probably coz the morphine or the anaesthesia had lasting effect on me. About 2weeks after the injection, I feel numbing pain on my left upper thigh near the area where the injection was. Damn! 

0 commentz: