Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Kiehler

If there is one thing Kiehl's has become, it has become my favourite. I don't believe in splurging onto skin products. I believe in what works well for my skin. With that, my moisturizer and my facial cleanser remains the same since I was in 13. Others like make-ups, lipbalms and facial masque are added values.

I started of trying Kiehl's when I started worrying about my panda eyes. (Thanks Mr.Work) When I turned 25 recently, I know I'm 5 years to 30 =| (Can't we not go there?...) I guess the number is scarier than actually being there. Besides dark circles, I am becoming more aware of wrinkles specifically crow feet. I know it is all unavoidable as it is part of nature and yeah, there is no way we can turn back time and lie about our age. Anyhow, I believe this is a good time to start as I've not started earlier.

I can see that Kiehl's specializes on facial care and a lil bit of hair care. Don't bother looking for cosmetics there...OK? Why cover when you can fix, right?  My last visit to Kiehl's got me home with a Line-Reducing Eye-Brightening Concentrate. Expensive? Can't remember the exact price but it is about RM175. Bought it in April. Now we are in June, I believe I still have some to be used atleast til mid this month if not more. Worthied? You do the math.

I've been looking into the mirror and see that apart from dark circles, there is something else I need to care for; the puffy areas around my eyes! See, there are just sooooo many things a girl gotta think and care about and it all comes with a price and obviously DISCIPLINE.

Today, I dropped by KLCC to look for a lipbalm and something for the eye puffiness. (REALLY, thanks Mr.Work!) My lips can't deal with perfume....so too bad for me. No cherry/strawberry or any sort of perfumes content for me. =| So far, the lipstick which could work well with me is from M.A.C. I'm yet to try Bobbi Brown or Stage or ..... (it needs money and heart to try it out...it is a lot of risk for my lips to take sometimes). Anyhow, I ended up with what I needed, a lipbalm and an eye de-puffer.

Decisions could be quite hard. I was torn between 3 lipbalms; Original, lightly-tinted and mint. All the same texture. Price difference is minimal. I ended up with mint. I love mint. Mint is always refreshing. It is also their limited edition product this year...apparently.

I thought of getting a stronger formulae for my dark circles; not that the current one doesn't help but I can't help wanting something more and of coz stronger....but the one that I have is the strongest. Can't doubt that. Can feel the serum reacting as soon as I apply it. Nothing more a product can help with if I do not get enough sleep, right? So far it is doing fine. Expectation met. =) Hope the 2 new products will help me with my lips and the puffy area around my eyes.

If you are terrified to enter the store, don't be. The salespersons are friendly and they DO NOT force you to buy. Ask for what you want. If there is one thing Kiehl's knows best, it has got to be the power of giving. More often than not, you will definitely walk out of the store with samples. I see it as something very smart; marketing-wise. One of them must have put themselves in the customers' shoes. Why would you wanna buy products you're not sure of right? Why can't you try others by the same brand if one of their products is working well for you right? Nothing is wrong with giving a lil bit more. I guess they would say, "More often than not, customers come back to us wanting the fullsize of an item after they have sampled it." ;)

Expensive? Not really. The lipbalm is only RM35. The eye de-puffer is only RM75. Since Father's Day is just around the corner, you will get RM10 off for every RM100 purchase. Not too bad at all. As for the first product I bought, if you have not calculated, April to June is 3months. RM175/3 = RM58.33 per month. Expensive? My skin is more expensive. C'mon. Be real. We are not even talking about La Mer here. La Mer......I'm yet to have that much bucks =| Someday......................


Check out the cute paperbags! ^__^

0 commentz: