Wednesday, June 2, 2010

3 Years done

3 years may sound like a very long time. 3 years is the number of years I've spent to get my degree done. Long? I guess not quite compared to other fields. Let's see how much progress I've made since the point when I started working.

Spent 4months in a jap company as a tester. Pay was good. Distance isn't. Work-life balance was definitely there (coz it wasn't dark everytime i leave the office). Pretty much grasp the cycle of testing from planning to executing. Multi-tasked to 80%. Awesome 22inch" monitor.

Then....the jump happened. Flew to the company I'm with now. Fit in better. Spent a year and 2 months as a tester. Started managing defects seriously. There were few hectic times but it was fun..no doubt frustrating at times but it is all gewd.

Sent to another client for a couple of months...yes,another testing assignment. Mission was to get the client back on track in the testing schedule. Though short duration, I saw "colours" as another girl and I was somehow "lent" to the client. Fantastic experience.

Spent few months in the wonderful KLCC office. Lunch is about Kinokuniya and Subway. Had to live on basic pay. Be stuck at a nearby traffic light for atleast 3redlights before I actually get the chance to make a lil u-turn. Lived on basic salary but still had the crave for books and of coz clothes! Started blogging. Read quite a number of books. Did a number of online trainings. It was AWESOME!

Fun ended.

Posted to where I am now. Was clueless. No longer a tester but landed a role I can never imagine myself in; TA. Whoaaaaa! Dealt with few monsters. Patience level grew. Ignore button grew bigger at times to maintain patience level. =p Quite a one-man show back then but it is much better now; team is bigger and many has picked up more stuff. Fantastic? Awesome? Hmm...I'll say "Great!". My respond used to be "Still breathing and still alive" whenever anyone asks me how I am. The reply only came after a few moments of pause. Apparently, it is normal. I've bumped into some ppl who asks others the same q and I heard my answer being repeated. It is some kind of epidemic within the project i guess. LOL!

Along the way..besides WORK, there are fun stuff!
I've tried emceeing and actually enjoyed it...so did it maybe...3 times? It is fun.
Then I somehow got into the band..and the band is AWEEESSSOOMMMEEEE. =)
Best part of the 1st 3 years out of uni!

During lunch today, I googled to see what the company has or is still looking for and bumped into the following requirements tagged to my role. Lemme see how many of it I have.

  • Supported in the capacity of Siebel Administration from end to end
  • Installed Siebel from grounds up
  • Setup and configure Siebel components
  • Performed Siebel deployment
  • Start / stop Siebel server
  • Troubleshoot Siebel TA issues & error log analysis
  • Experience with using Unix platform (HP-UX would be ideal)
  • Basic database troubleshooting skills (preferably on Oracle database)
  • Siebel module that is preferred: eCommunications (version 8.1. would be ideal)
  • Siebel performance tuning (reviewing DB performance, identifying source of poor codes, app tier tuning like max / min tasks )
  • Experience with Siebel integration with Avaya CTI
  • Experience with Unix / Windows scripting
  • Experience with a Production Support role for Siebel application
  • Experience in a telecommunications environment will make you a top candidate for this position.
  • 2-6 years of relevant experience
  • Proven success in contributing to a team-oriented environment
  • Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
  • Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
  • Recognized University Degree
  • Ability to meet travel requirements, when applicable
 Out of the above, I only do not have one of it. Not too bad,huh? ;)

That's the career-wise.

Life? Am I anywhere in life? Well, I bought a car. Does that count? Sure it does. I still keep in touch with my best friends everytime I get the chance to. That is something huge when you spend more than 80% of your lifetime with your colleagues in the office. I...mmmm am still reading and buying books. =p Now have some interest in baking and stuff. Patience level has gone higher. Heart could have grown harder. Head is closer to steel. Enthusiasm could be low on some elements but still fine. Other than that....everything is pretty much the same.......S.T.A.T.I.C.

On the side note...(or is this the foot already? :p), if anyone has the above mentioned qualities, kindly send me ur resume. =)

2 commentz:

Marini said...

nice entry babe

Ruz said...

Thanks! :)