Sunday, June 13, 2010

Just Another Morning

My brother asked quite a serious question when I was about to start my breakfast earlier today.
"What would happen if one week prior to the wedding day, the bride confessed that she has someone else?" I dunno what triggered him to ask that question. My answer? "Call off the wedding." He then said  the groom must be very devastated. Quite a serious topic as a starter. But nevertheless, I continued the converstation. I said that it is better that she confessed and call off their wedding rather than continue living in a lie after the real thing is done. The longer it is kept, the worse the pain and damage will be. Plus end now when it is not too late...not end it when you already have bank loans and kids together.

I then tossed a question back to him. "Wouldn't it be a lot worse when you're already married to the man and few years down the lane, he confessed he loves someone else. And that mind you happens when you already think u have a stable life and yea..maybe a kid of two." His typical-male mind responded "Well, it is normal for a guy to do that but a woman?" I said too bad for the guy if the guy is nice when the girl is the bad one but I guess it is quite a lesson for guys when girls turn rotten. As much as I pity the nice guys and curse the bad girls, I can't help saying that both genders can be equally mean and MOST(not ALL) of the time, guys are the ones who drifted away and forget about the passion and love. How sad but I guess it happens..and yes, it is scary. Worst of all, the guy would drift out completely and leave the woman with all around the world to handles; from kids,food,house and all. How selfish. Is it really worthied to give it all away and hurt someone you once loved soooo deeply to be with another who suddenly juz pop out of nowhere. Is lust so important? Again, I do not say that this happen ALL the times and I am not saying that men is to be blamed or they are the ones who are always bad. Men sometimes are unfortunate enough to happen to end up with some rotten girls. =/

I added, the moment a woman decided to accept a guy's hand in marriage and promise to live with him ever after, she also believes and hopes she could live happily ever after with her one and only husband. When a woman vows, she believes her spouse feels the same and eventhough fairy tale may be too much to as for, it never hurt to be halfway from what the fairy tale is. The moment she gives, she gives it all. Now I really wonder if men feels the same way when they actually think about proposing to a woman he loves or claims he loves. The moment a woman gets pregnant, her everything changes too; phyisical, emotion and no doubt hormones. That is a lot. I hope this is all appreciated.

Our conversation didn't go any further but I told him, marriage is not an easy thing. Why commit when you know you can't? Don't hurt others. Though our conversation ended, my mind drifted away...deeper into the marriage subject. Come to think of it, it is pretty scary. How do I know if you are really the one? How can I know you feel the same way I do towards you? What guarantee do I have to give away my all? Does it mean anything to the man for me to accept him in my life forever? Would I be his only one til death do us part? Would he do his part to improve our lives? Would he think it is easy for me to accept all including his way of live, mentality and his family? When it all got clouded in my head, it put it all aside and will think when the time comes.

4 commentz:

Marini said...

i love this post..damnnn trueee..i loike i loike

hidayah said...

Marriage is not an easy thing! Totally agreed with u ruz.
even if u see the family is a happy one, they normally din reveal wat s 'trapped' in her bottom heart.
But, learn to give n take, n ur marriage will be fine !Hopefully :)

hidayah said...

ala, cane nk edit comment ni..

comment i tuh sounds like u pon dh kawen..haha

. Ruz . said...

My marriage? Nowhere in sight.hahahahahahaah wth. well,yeah...not an easy thing but some ppl made their wedding like a parade. I dun get it. Why do we humans then to celebrate something major and serious so "hugely"? Funny.