Saturday, April 4, 2009

Die unhealthy or die in poverty

Why are healthy foods more expensive than unhealthy ones???
Is it just like this in Malaysia or what? Btw, don't tell me it is cheap if i pack up my own food. I'm focusing on the food we buy when we're outside..ya know the ones we have in shopping malls and foodcourts. =p

Easiest comparison is between the white bread and the wheatmeal bread. Letz not go to too many brands and look at Gardenia's. Check out the price. RM2.10 and RM2.90. RM2.90 is for the healthier bread. *siiggghhh* White bread taste better and it is cheaper.

Others? Fried noodles and nasi lemak is cheaper than 6inch sandwich in Subway. Now that Subway has their Sandwich of The Day promo, it is only RM7.50. Still can't beat the RM5 per plate fried noodles and RM2.50 nasi lemak.

Here's the very sad part.
99% Fat free ice cream : ~RM8 - RM10 per scoop/cup.
99% Fat ice cream : RM1 from McDonald's, Burger King and IKEA!

Smoothies from the Smoothies bar taste soooo gewd and I love it. Juices from Juice Works are not bad too...but I can dream on drinking those and only pay RM2 or RM3 per glass. Canned softdrinks won't cost >RM2.50 per can. *siiiggghhhhh* Drink plain water? I do. I bring my 600ml plain water to work everyday but I still love the nice drinks! But due to the "affordable" price, I seldom have it. :\

This post is about the price we have to pay for healthier food. Don't bother telling me to pack my food or go for a jog. K? =p

0 commentz: