Thursday, July 1, 2010

Why Is My Blackberry slow?

I've gotten my Blackberry Bold early this year from my parents. Recently, after much thought I reactivated the Blackberry Plan and FINALLY upgraded from Prepaid to Postpaid service. (After 9years that is...they should pay me for loyalty. =p)

Since Monday, my phone has been oddly slow. Never happened before and it is getting very annoying so thank you to Mr.Google, he saved my temper.

The following link is very helpful!
http://www.blackberryforums.com/mac-users-corner/177304-bold-slow-navigate-system.html

Apparently, we need to clear cache. LOL!
The normal solution is always restart the phone and of course (the most popular solution) re-insert the battery. Doing those will help most of the the time but it is not so great when do not really know what is going on in the system (as in the root cause of the problem). Bear with me a lil while if you find this very techy.

All I did was to hold the Alt key and press LGLG. The phone event log will then be displayed. I wished I could attach what is looks like but I'm not quite sure if BB allows printscreen. Will find out later. Tap on the BB key and choose the option to clear the log and VIOLA! System back to normal....ok...phone back to normal. =p

Many may be super expert in BB navigation and administration but I'm quite a newbie. Still exploring and testing its' capabilities. So far. It is kewl! ;) Gotta thank my parents again!

Btw, to reboot : Alt+Cap+Del ;) Will post more when I find out more on BB tips and tricks!

0 commentz: