Thursday, July 31, 2008

"A Step Into A New World" or "An Extension of Ever After"

Some reads. Many doesn't. Some writes. Some reads but do not write. Some other doesn't read and doesn't write. In the era we are in now, it may not be easy to completely not read at all; we read news..blogs..magazines of our interest and many more. However, when it comes to writing, it is no longer related to pen-n-papers. Why do i say so? Well, there are many people who has started blogging and share their thoughts with others. Many of us many no longer write in the so-called old fashion diary and some guys would find it sissy. However, when it comes to blogging, it is as simple as typing what u feel, think or crap about. I'm not sure if i have a reader at all but i enjoy doing this; blogging. I don't call it blogging though. I call it talking and letting things out of my head while jotting it down(incase i wanna recall about a subject matter in the future). Yeah..i'm a just-incase kind of person.

Here's the thing. I've always thought of writing books...or atleast short stories. What i believe is, you may be smart or an expert in a particular area but you are not contributing anything if you do not share it with anyone. Therefore, i think in the end...someday...i will end up writing or be a trainer or lecturer somewhere. When the time comes, i hope my knowledge is sufficient enough to be shared with other people. :)

As of now, lemme jot down what i had in mind.

Idea #1
What? Write a thriller book....vampire and murder kind of thing...
When? 11-12 years old
Influence? Too much of Fear Streets and a lil bit of Goosebumps...LOL ^_^ good ol days.

Idea #2
What? Write a testing book for testers or soon-to-be testers who have just stepped out of uni.
When? Mid 2007 when i was surviving in an R&D company; my first job.
Influence? The challenges i faced and the things i have seen from what i went through.

Idea #3
What? A step into life...where i get to share my experience in certain events in my life;just to share so that people out there would have a lil bit of idea what they might have to face or go through shall they have to go through the similar experience.
When? Few months back...and present ;)
Influence? I just would like to share and would like others to share too...Incase i have to experience something, i won't be feeling so odd.

Idea #4
What? A continuity of kids' favorites....or ....
When? Just few hours ago... :p
Influence? I hate it when happy ending ends with "...happily ever after.." and i also do not feel satisfied when good movie just ends without showing what happens after the happy ending..I WANNA SEE ALL!!!See....im pretty hard to pleased sometimes.Lol

Though i've yet to start writing a single word, i managed to dig out my head and extract these two elements of writing a book out.

1. Editor; gonna pick my English language lover fwen; Intono Zanaryono..sounds Japanese aite?
I had once asked her about being my editor IF i happen to write. Her answer was Yes...and she would charge based on the number of mistakes i make..Haaiihhh....Is that how editors charge the writers?Well,i guess it is better than profit sharing so Intono, sure...u may charge that way and since i'm your so-called childhood fwen..maybe u could gimme a lil bit of discount. ;) Thanks in advance.

2. Illustrator; shall i write a children book..this element is crucial! She is none other than my own cousin. She loves arts and stuff...and i've seen some of her sketches...so its her. I've asked her and she said "No problem. Anytime."

Wonderful eh?Well, the laast but super crucial element;Publisher. I'll think about that later when i'm extremely serious and have atleast written a lil short story.

Letz see when will i REALLY have some peaceful mind and time to sit down and draft something.In the meantime, itz never wrong for me to dream more about things around me.

0 commentz: