Monday, July 28, 2008

The $2 difference between my bro & i

Here'z a $2 story for today.
Here'z also the story of an extreme cheapskate.

There's a cobbler nearby my house. He has been there since we moved into the neighbourhood which is in the year 1998. He has done very good work and i believe some ppl know him too.
As for me, i won't drop by unless there's a desperation.

Everyone knows it is not easy to find a pair of formal-looking shoes...say pumps or courtshoes.
I bought my first pair for this year for $109. Not too expensive and I believe it would last atleast 1 year. However, the tar road proved me wrong. It only lasted for 6months. Plus, it got soaked in a rainy day. What happened to it? I had to dump it and get another pair of shoes when I really wanted to buy some other things.*sighhhh*

My second pair of shoes....As expected;hard-to-find-the-one-i'm-happy-and-comfortable-with.
I ended up with quite a cheap pair but of a better level of brand and quality at ~$60 after 50% discount. ;) It comes with an extra pair of heels. It gave me the impression that the heels won't last long when i first saw it and boy was i right. It last only for 2.5months. Just now, i went down my apartment and hunt for the cobbler to get it fixed. I asked if it would take long. He said no. I waited juz 5mins and tada!Its done.

Guess how much he charged?$1!!!I was like "Whhhoooaaaaa!!!Who in da world would charge that low??!?!?!?!You've got to be kidding man!!" Well anyway,those were in my head.LOL.

I had no small change so i ended up giving money to the shop next to it for a ballpen which cost $2.20...Even a pen costs more..Wth.Unbelievable. I gave him $2...it feels so bad...ya know...juz $1....super cheapskate.

Here'z when my bro comes in. He knows that cobbler pretty well coz he has chatted with him when he repaired his shoes. There was once when this guy charged him $2, he bargained so the cobbler just charged him $1. My bro is unbelievably extremely CHEAPSKATE!!!Forgodsake..itz just $2...U can't even get a nice ballpen at $2.*ssiiggghhhh*

As for me, i dun mind if he even charges me $3.

The rationale :

1. A new pair of shoes would costs approximately $50 (if i'm lucky enough)
2. I sent my shoes for repair and pay him $3.He gains $3. I save $47.

What more is there to ask for?Forgodsake, nothing is free in this world. I'm super duper thankful they don't charge me for the air that i breathe coz if they do, i won't even last for a day.

0 commentz: